Thursday, April 06, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth



An Inconvenient Truth

Starring: Al Gore
Director: Davis Guggenheim
Opens: May 26, 2006

What the Movie's About: This captivating documentary chronicles former Vice President Al Gore's career-long crusade to raise awareness about -- and stem the tide of -- the potentially catastrophic effects of global warming.

Here's the Buzz: The positive hype surrounding 'Truth' has caused something other than the climate to heat up, namely Gore's political career. Although Gore officially retired from politics in 2000, pundits are already speculating that the ex-Veep could ride the film's coattails into the 2008 Presidential race. Nothing 'Inconvenient' about that.

This is a
link to Laurie David interviewing the Director, Davis Guggenheim, on the movie and Gore.

(edited 4/8: trailer and interview evidently have been taken down; so links don't work. I replaced the Title link with a synopsis of the movie. I never got to see the interview. Shoot.)

(I haven't watched the interview yet, only checked to see if it would work. It's about 10 minutes. The movie trailer didn't work at first; and I changed the preferences from 7000 bps to 350 bps and it worked fine.)

At first I was going to elaborate about the man who questioned Bush today in North Carolina and how smug and arrogant Bush was in response. The crowd was such an obviously hand-picked crowd. He had that sarcastic grin on his face when the man was trying to express he concerns and -- just so typical of Bush. It makes me wish I could just slap his smart-alleck face! Here's a MediaPlayer video of it -- I'll just leave it at saying, Boy, does Pink's song ever say it! On second thought, almost wonder if the guy had heard her song - lol. Does Bush feel shame -- ha! judge for yourself!

But I came across this trailer. I've heard about the movie almost in passing because the media doesn't dare want to promote anything Al Gore does, so I was happy to see the trailer. Going to the movies is not something I do often -- or hardly at all! -- but I definitely want to make a point of seeing this one. I sure hope the pundits are right that it will give him enough boost to run in '08! He's by far my first choice! Nevertheless, this is a must-see movie - at least as far as I'm concerned.

My own uneventful life? Well, since you asked -- TC called, said they were calling on a job we haven't started yet; so again, had to put this nightmare job aside and to the one they wanted. Thank goodness it was short and I got it done by about 1:00 and she came by to pick it up.

I walked over to the now vacant house to see what all was left behind, and in the back was a stair stepper, only a little rust on the bottom where it's been outside, but it works fine. So, I drug it home. I put it on my patio. Let's see, I have a treadmill I never use. I have a bicycle that's in my shed. I have one of those things you push the handlebars and and feet and sort of rock -- don't know what it's called. Do I do any of them?? Ever?? HA! But I have good intentions! Does that count?
I got some joke pictures in e-mail; but I think maybe I might put them on my refrigerator.
My first thought was, "Umm, maybe exercise does work!"


2 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 11:00:00 AM , Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I was enjoying the article until the Scwarzenegger picture--I have to lose five pounds for an insurance physical, and that hits too close to home...

 
At 4/07/2006 11:38:00 AM , Blogger Lumoto said...

lol -- just be ever so thankful that 5 pounds is all!
Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home