Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday's entry...

Wow, I sometimes wish I could do something else for a living. I never want to complain because I'm thankful for this job, thankful I can be home and not have to fight a 8:00 to 5:00, which I don't think I could do anyway. My stamina wouldn't ever allow it, and I haven't had a real job since -- uh - well, I guess 1969. But this makes me so freaking tired! I can only stay with it so long, then have to get away from it for a bit, and that makes it drag out. I've hardly got out of this chair since 8:00 this morning -- less a couple of hours to cook something for supper and watch Lou Dobbs and part of Olbermann. I've got about six pages left and then all the little finishing touches, but it will have to wait till morning. Then I really must get to the grocery store. There's another big job behind this one. Hopefully it will be a little easier. But like I say, I don't want to complain; because if I didn't have this, I would be in a heap of big trouble. But venting helps a little bit.

Are you following all this immigration madness! I'm having a hard time deciding what side of the fence I'm on with this issue (ha -- get the pun! ) I can see both sides. Definitely I think there is a problem here, and I think we should not allow however many millions of people get a free ride with amnesty. That's totally not fair. What about all those poor souls who lost their lives trying to get here in big trucks where they'd suffocate and all the horror stories. They are taking our jobs - no matter what they say. To say people won't do them is not true. They are driving the wages down. I can see all those justifications to send them all packing. But on the other hand, the ones who have been here for years, especially with children who are US citizens -- well, that wouldn't be a humane thing to do at all. It's a difficult situation. The whole thing got way too far out of hand and now there's not any easy fixes. Seems like this country has way too many of those kind of problems now - in just about every area you can think of!

Well, guess I don't have to try to fix it. They won't be coming to ask me to be Queen for the Day and solve the problem; that's for sure. I just wish these legislators would use some plain common sense. I heard a comedian late last night, a Mexican on Comedy Central - saying how crazy it is throw them all out and build a wall. He said, "Who's going to build it??" Then he said, "I know. Make them build it, then kick them out." He was being funny, but it's almost too true, too sad to be funny.

The one thing about all these demonstrations, though, that's interesting. The media has covered them pretty well. But when there were massive, huge, world-wide demonstrations against the war, against Bush, they barely made note of it. Seems like we're not getting much Iraq news lately either - and people are still dying, still suffering. "Out of sight, out of mind" you think will help Bush's ratings? Um, wonder who picks and chooses what stories we get to hear about!

Gosh, it's been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home