Sunday, March 19, 2006

Very happy news from my kids...

... Robert and Ranya in Virginia! They bought a house - a townhouse. Wow!! Three levels, only four years old -- best word I know to describe it is "elegant." I'm so happy for them. I was hoping that they would find jobs maybe in Houston, but they're established with their employment up there, and they did try looking for something comparable down this way; but I guess it wasn't meant to be. They've been married over ten years and now have little Sarah, who will be a year old in May; so it's time they start building some equity. They'll finalize and take up residence in April. Gosh, how exciting - their first home and it is a beauty!!

In the meantime, back to reality of my simple little life, my flower garden construction continues. This morning I got the morning glories section done. Some of the seeds were duds, so there won't be a whole lot of them. Then Mom and I got out for a while, ate lunch, and loaded up another bunch of 40-lb bags of potting soil that I hope will finish up the bed.


I couldn't resist more seeds; but this time I got perennials - which I know nothing about. Ha - I know nothing about any of this venture.
(Heliopsis, Scabiosa, Rudbeckia, and two varieties of Hollyhock)
Some I knew what they were, some I didn't, just thought they looked nice, especially the Scabiosa. TheRudbeckia is black eyed Susans. Anyway, after I got them home and read the backs of the packets, they don't flower till the 2nd year. Shoot! Well, we'll see how it goes. This time I bought the Jiffy Mix stuff to plant them in as is recommended rather than dirt. I also got a packet of poppies and even two packets of hot peppers.

Who knows where I'll find spots to plant all these if they all grow. I didn't realize what I was getting into with the perennials. Maybe I can put some in containers.

I borrowed Mom's wheelbarrow and moved about half the pile of clay clods to the far back behind the shed against the fence. Slowly but surely...

Oh, and I got some azalea food and fed them as per directions - but I forgot the mulch. Oh, well.

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 10:27:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

Great news on the kids and the garden is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the blooms.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home