Thursday, March 09, 2006

Shoppin' n bloggin'

Pretty much that covers my day. With the anticipation of my laptop coming tomorrow and wanting to get a bag and the USB to Parallel adapter, after it quit raining I took off. I knew ECP Computers had the adapter, and I needed to ask them about a driver, but as I was driving there, I realized if I just installed the parallel printer, that should be enough driver to recognize the port. After that, I went out to Office Max. I had heard they were closing, but had forgotten it. Big signs, everything on sale - store closing. So, I took my time and went up and down rows aisles if I saw something useful and a good price, I would get it. I did pick up some more CD-Rs, a CD case, found a plenty nice enough laptop bag for $20 before the discount, and a USB bus because I was afraid two wouldn't be enough and it was seriously cheap. The worse I had to buy was ink cartridges for my printer. They were only marked down 10% and I really don't think it was a deal at all on those. I would think to empty out their stock would be better than 10% but that's about it.

After I left there I went to Wal-Mart with two items specifically in mind. My Skil 12 volt drill battery charger doesn't work. The thing you plug into the wall doesn't get power. Well, they didn't have it. They don't make that kind anymore. Of course not. Silly me! She said maybe Lowe's might have it. I'll try Lowe's another day.

Then I went to the garden shop to see about a wheelbarrow. Actually mine had an 800 number on it and I called them to see if I could get a replacement wheel; but they don't make that anymore either. The cheapest wheelbarrows Wal-Mart had were about $50 and I didn't want it that bad. But I did get some more seeds of Nasturtium this time, and one more package of bulbs - blue bearded iris, has two bulbs. Since I'm not going to put the English ivy on the fence in hopes they really will put up a privacy, I got some cheap hanging baskets to put them in.

I swung thru Wienerschnitzel for a couple of chile dogs with sauerkraut - better than a hamburger any day - and headed home. Still thinking about the drill and the wheelbarrow, I stopped at M&D and all I wound up with there was a couple of little wood trellis things to put my sweet peas on. But I did have an idea of getting a rod and two wheels and making my own replacement for the wheelbarrow. One of the clerks there will be able to help me once I take the old parts back in and we'll match it up. That will be better than buying a whole new one and a lot less expensive.

Then home, and microwaved my hotdogs. And like a kid with a new top, darted back outside and began potting my bulbs and my ivy and my seeds - dug a few more feet of my bed -- it's now up to 15 feet long and 42 inches wide. I want to go 5 more feet - ugh. Getting tired of this! But best not to stop now.

I mentioned blogging in my title. Well, I've noticed a few references in my site meter of a site called Technorati that apparently - well, I'm not sure what it does exactly. But you register your blog with it, and put in keywords and I suppose it helps to get traffic to your blog. Also, you can put other's blogs in your account, and it will tell you when they update their blog. So, I think it will be pretty handy once I get used to it. I did register Lumoto's Woes with them. So, we'll see.

Then a friend of mine is blogging with MySpace; and before I knew I had signed up with them, too. I'm so new, I don't even know what my address is for them yet. If I figure it out, I'll come back and edit here later. I can't keep up two blogs, for sure. I'll see what MySpace is about and then decide. Maybe I could just copy what I put here and post the same thing there. Evidently there's a different population that visits each blogosphere. It might be a place to meet some new friends.

Tomorrow my laptop will be here! Hooray!!! So, I will be "in hog heaven" moving into it and getting acquainted with it. It will seem much different from my desktops. Of course, I'll let you know how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 09:37:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

OMG, you have a Wienerschnitzel where you live?! I'm coming there this weekend! We don't have any in Houston! Takes me back to my high school days! Your'e right...better than a hamburger!

 
At 3/09/2006 10:11:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

There was a time we were without also. Way back when, we had one, then when it closed, it was many years. So, the closest one was in Orange and believe it or not, we'd drive to Orange purely for the hotdogs! This one hasn't been open but about a couple of years maybe. Not as good as Orange, but easier to get to.

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home