Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Myspace.com

I think I mentioned it the other day, but an online friend kind of got me started with Myspace and and I set it up, I haven't done too much with it. But people will go through and read your profile and send a message asking to be your friend. Your friends accumulate. Some will start trying to just visit with you, get acquainted. Some are maybe bands who probably go through and post to everybody to get people to listen to their music. It's pretty neat. They don't seem to be so interested in the day to day blogging as much as just getting acquainted and putting all the little stuff on their web pages.
This is the site that has been in the news so much about the young teenagers using it. I can sure see how it would appeal to them. I've met some really nice people in my age group, though, from Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Florida, and even some younger people - well, 20s, 30s. I do have one girl who is 16 in my friends now, but I already knew her from another board.
Since they all have their pages all dolled up, I found a site where you can get the frills to add to it and have been messing with that all night. A lot of them have videos on their pages, and I wanted to find a good one for mine, but didn't know where to find it. I looked through Googlevideos and I didn't like any of them. So, I don't know where to find them that will have the html codes so you can use them. At a point of desperation, I thought I'd put the juggling video on it, but I couldn't even get it to work. The song that I added that plays when you load the page has a video to go with it, but I couldn't figure out how to get on my page, only the song part. Anyway, it's a pretty neat little community. Take a look at my page, see what you think.

Today was shopping day. Finally got to the grocery store - well, Walmart. It was rainy and thundering, but somehow it seemed quite pleasant to be out, even in the rain, and hear the thunder and see the lightening off in the distance. Of course I did go through the garden shop and picked up another package of morning glory seeds. I'm determined I'm going to grow some. The others aren't quite dead yet, but they're not too far from it. If any live, it will amaze me.

I did finish the huge job, finally, and will start the other big one tomorrow. By all rights, I should have started on it tonight, but -- well, I didn't. Guess that's it for today. It's definitely bedtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home