Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mexican Flag was waving in Texas!

Before I begin my tirade on politics, the homefront was pretty boring, mood pretty melancholy to boot. I did get to sleep late, till 9:00 - which was nice; and have been working the rest of the day, pretty steadily. TC said there's another job she took today that needs to be expedited; so tomorrow I'll have to put this one aside and do it. It's like she said, "Be careful what you wish for."

Tommy hasn't seemed to do too well today. I tried to look at his hip to see how his sore is coming along, but he wouldn't let me. But he has been such a good boy to take his antibiotics. But he's just plain cranky and obviously feels bad. I sure hope I don't wind up having to take him back to the vet. He has been doing so well up till today.

Now for my rant -- guess you heard the news about the lunatic principal in Houston who actually flew a Mexican flag over his school! Good God! What's wrong with people? Have they no common sense at all! He's an educator; but it makes you wonder if he missed school the day they taught Texas history and about the Alamo and The Battle of San Jacinto and how our brave ancestors fought and died to get Texas out from under that Mexican flag!! This whole situation is getting totally out of control! I don't think the families who have been here for decades and have kids should have to go, but I think maybe the rest, the ones without children should and then apply for immigration rights the same as every immigrant has to do. They've got to stop this madness and stop cowtowing to all the Mexicans at the expense of the legal citizens called Americans. If the Americans aren't taking the back seat to the Iraqis, then it's the Mexicans! If our jobs aren't sent to Mexico and India and China, then they bring in the Mexicans in to do what jobs we have left. And then rub it in our face flying Mexican flags! Argh!

Lou Dobbs is about the only voice on the news that's trying to tell people what's happening out there. I think he had a report tonight about how many interest groups have a vested interest - to say the least - in this resolution - though I did miss the report. Maybe I'll read the show's transcript tomorrow.
But of course there's vested interests -- No Doubt!

Remember the old saying, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more"? Where's our ringleader when we need one!
(Click on the picture to take you to the page. It has links for the video or audio only.)

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 04:01:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

As an Hispanic American, I concur with your feelings and sentiments. I may get some flack from other readers for this but schools are state funded institutions and this was a gross error in judgement. There are no easy answers for this mess on both sides. My two cents for whatever it's worth!

 
At 3/31/2006 10:50:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

It's worth a lot, Luz-- and you bet, it is truly a difficult situation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home