Friday, March 31, 2006

Atta girl, Helen Thomas... she reaps her rewards

Remember a few days ago when Helen Thomas confronted Bush asking him why we REALLY went to war? I posted about it in "Atta girl, Helen Thomas... and had some links even to the video clip if they're still up.

Well, some of the folks on the DemocratsUnderground blog got together and collected money to send her roses -- 108 dozen! Here's the thread by one of he people involved in getting them delivered, Roses for Helen - Reflections on a Thrilling Day.

Here is a site that has a lot of great pictures of her receiving them, the team getting them together, and her response back to the DU folks (scroll down a bit to get past the advertising.) I wish I had gotten in on it, but I sure am glad they did it! Nobody deserves it more.

What? You didn't hear about it on mainstream media? Umm, wonder why.

Now, Tommy report -- he had to have surgery. The vet said the place we were looking at had just about healed, but the problem was he had another one on the other side -- on either side of his anal gland, which is said was quite unusual. Not being a medical person at all, I asked if it was on his rectum and he said no, it was his anal gland. Well, anyway, it's got to be uncomfortable!

He was still knocked out when I brought him home at 5:00. I took the top of the carrier and gently took him out and laid him on his pillow he likes. He didn't wake up till 9:00. He's now trying to walk around a little, but he's still so groggy that he's falling all over the place and can't keep his legs under him. Poor baby. I can't see very well, but he's definitely got a hollowed out hole back there. Sure hope it won't get infected, but I'll be giving him another bottle of antibiotics. I'm glad I took him. He was really suffering. And the charge surprised me.

The surgery and the bottle of antibiotic was only $47.50. They even clipped his claws some, too, while he was out - which he really needed. He won't let me do it.

Well, this is two posts in one day - but I thought the girls needed the memorial. And Helen's news was too happy not to mention!

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2013 05:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really inspired together with your writing talents and also
with the format on your weblog. Is this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself?
Either way keep up the nice quality writing,
it's uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one today..

Here is my weblog :: Microsoft Office Gratuit

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home