Friday, December 23, 2005

Miscellaneous achievements

Since I'm all ready for Christmas, less watching some Christmas show and going out to see Christmas lights, I delighted in the day off to do what I wanted to do. Anxious to get my bedroom back together, the first thing I did was paint the wall, primer first, then the paint. If the color was wrong, I'd take it back when I go get my picture - but no, it seems just right.



When I checked my e-mail, I had a note from Video Professor simply saying to call their 800 number. So, I did. And asked if they would replace the missing CDs. The girl asked her supervisor - no! It's been over six months. Wonder what six months has to do with it! Ticked me off. I paid something like $70 for those three lessons, and they won't replace them. Shoot!

Annoyed at the slope on my desk, I got a little small level to see how badly out off level my desk and cabinets are. A lot! So, I got an ingenious idea of leveling them since I'll never the get floor right. So, I put some shims under them all. The desk is 30 inches wide from front to back and I had to raise the front by 7/8 of an inch. That's a lot! The cabinets had to be raised about a half inch on one side, and they're only 24 inches. But so be it. Now they're level and it's not as noticeable. At least I can lay a pencil down and not have to chase it before it rolls off onto the floor.

I called Michael's, and no, he hadn't done my picture yet, but he would and it would only take him five minutes. "Okay. I have a couple errands, and I'll be there in about an hour." So, I picked up Mom to ride with me. I remembered I was supposed to go sign my lease with Parigi's. They had said come after the 15th. Did they have it ready? No! So, I'll have to go next week. Also next week, the 28th, TCI will come out and move my Road Runner and I can retire the 50 foot extension cord!

We get to Michael's, not without noticing the extreme traffic on all the roads. The young man said he had a couple more things to do to it, so we waited a bit and then he brought it out. Oh, it looks good! It had gotten so much moisture around it that it was getting wavy and very nearly ruined; so I had it dry mounted (glued) and a new mat. The original mat was gray, but I swiched to black, and it helped set off the drawing better I think. I bought this for myself for a birthday maybe 10 or 15 years ago. I like to imagine this handsome brave is always on guard protecting my home -- :)

Michael's only had a few wreaths at the front, and that was it. Nothing Christmas! Why are people letting this happen! We saw no hit of Christmas in the whole route out there or anywhere around the shops. Maybe two houses had a few decorations. It's so dang sad! Granted I didn't put anything out myself, but that's different. I want Christmas around town.

But they did have some awsome orange tiger lillies. My absolute favorite flower and favorite color! If you noticed the orange bedspread on the daybed in the other picture, I knew these would be perfect with it. That bedspread, by the way, was one my dad crocheted for Robert when he was about 10 or 12. I decided to use it. Sorry, Robert. It's mine now!


We grabbed a hamburger at Burger King, and I stopped at Sutherland's and got a piece of Styrene and used it to put on the back of the knee hole to hide all the cords. I may do something different later. It depends on how well this holds up, I guess. But it's better for now.

It was amazing how few people were at Sutherland's today. It seemed weird.

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I hope everyone is happy and enjoying family and food and children, and the magic of the season.


Merry Christmas! (turn up your speakers for this!)

2 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 05:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the indian looking so diligent. Hope you and yours are blessed with a joyous Christmas!

 
At 12/24/2005 09:26:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Ah, yes, diligent, and brave! Thanks, Barbara, and a joyous and wonderful Christmas to you and yours, as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home