Sunday, December 18, 2005

Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover - it works! (an update)

After blogging awhile ago I decided to do a little work on the mildew in the bedroom before going to bed. Well, look at this before and after!


If a product can do this, then people need to know about it before they let people like Eagle Restoration begin ripping and tearing out everything in sight and charging insane prices to do it. In all honesty, they say on their website "4. Do not use on painted or paper surfaces, or on fabric," which I suppose sheetrock classifies as painted and paper" -- but it worked!
I was so pleased that I actually found Tilex website and wrote them a note of my experience with their product.

My hometown played host to Hurricane Rita and after I returned from evacuation there were some ugly mold/mildew blotches on my ceilings and one closet was completely infested. My insurance adjuster calculated for some sheetrock and insulation to be removed and a mold remediation company was consulted. Since Southeast Texas is notorious for mold and mildew, I opted to try cleaning it before tearing up my house. This was my first purchase of Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover. The closet wiped down fine, but the wall surface was virtually a slick sheetrock type material with a paper outer layer. But that wasn't the real test. The worst was a nasty spot on a stipled ceiling that has been there for years, though not growing. I sprayed it down generously with the Tilex and left the room for a minute. When I returned, the spot had almost disappeared! I was so amazed! Thank you for such a great product, Tilex. Nowadays products rarely deliver their promises, but yours most certainly does, and it saved me a great deal of expense and stress of contractors demolishing my home.

I see on the web your new product Root Penetrator, which I did not see in the store when I bought the Mold & Mildew Remover. So, I'll be making a specific trip for it to treat over these troubled places; however I'm confident the Mold & Mildrew Remover will be sufficient. `
Let me say, too, that the smell is fresh, but when applied in an enclosed room or closet, and used generously, it became quite overpowering and generated a headache quite quickly, but it was nothing a little fresh air didn['t eliminate in a short time.

Thank you again for a terrific product!

2 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 03:24:00 PM , Blogger John said...

The before and after pictures speak volumes!

 
At 12/20/2005 10:11:00 AM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Right! It's like magic!

Thanks for stopping by!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home