Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Glass status: Complete!

Yes! Yes! They came this afternoon! I can now scratch that project off my list! He told me I was lucky to get them out this quick, that they had people booked months ahead! The young man who came was very nice and understood my frustration for being told they would come and not come. Well, it's done now! So, I'm thankful!


After he left, I went to Sherwin Williams and bought the paint for the one wall behind the bed. I got a quart. I hope that will be enough.
After I got back home I debated on whether to continue working on my job, start painting, or move into my office now that I have my glass top. By the way, it fits perfect! I opted to tear down the computers and move them. I have a somewhat complicated computer system; so it's not like just moving a monitor and a tower and a keyboard. My inventory of what I'm currently using is:

one CPU - XP
one CPU - Win 95 (have to have DOS base for my job software)
one CPU - ME (bought used as a backup when the 95 broke)
one monitor
one keyboard and mouse
one 4-way switch box, with cables for three computers
one external drive
three sets of speakers, one for each CPU (one is a 3 part type speaker)
one printer/scanner combined unit
one scanner that will scan slides
one transcriber
one Road Runner box
two modem phone lines
two power strips

So, the cords are intimidating to the best of us! But I've done it so many times, I know how; it's just time consuming, and you always start out trying to make it neat and it won't happen because there's just too many. Then the cords are never the right length. They're either too short and won't reach what you want to do or they're so long you have to find something to do with the excess. But it's done, and I am happily blogging from my office, from my brand new desk I made myself, and everything seems to work.
The only thing I need to do now is find something to put across the back of the knee hole to hide all that ugly equipment and cords. I'll have to get something that will be easy to take off and put back because it seems like it's always some reason you have to plug something in or get to the backs of these things. I'll have to think about what to use.

So, it was a successful day! I did get a shot of the house, all cleaned up (in the front, anyway). I deliberately took it at the angle that doesn't show the mess on the sides which is still undone. But the roof looks nice!

1 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 11:57:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

Congrats on the completion of the small little details. Sure there may be hundreds of others but for now from the outside the house looks nice. Be sure and take some time to make the season glow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home