Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Roof status: Complete!

It was a bit more than two hours, but it's done!! Look,it's Santa Claus on my roof!! No wonder they finished!!!

They got here about 10:00 and finished up about 4:30. He bought two new vents and put them up. I had four in total, but two of mine were good enough to reuse. He also redid the hot water heater vent. So, it is done properly now, not with duct tape quick fix! They cleaned up very nicely; though I'm sure I'll be seeing nails in my yard forever. I will have to get a picture of my cleaned front yard tomorrow, but for now, adios old roof!
I wish I could say this was the end of it, but the eave work and the patio cover framing still need to be done, but they will have to wait till after Christmas.


I wasn't able to work on my bedroom today at all. I want to get through with this depo first, and it's pretty long. Since all this reconstruction and doing some physical work, sitting at the computer all day is pretty darn tiring! Like I knew that before, but I guess I was conditioned to it. Part of my problem is this computer set-up is really not urgonomically beneficial; but I have to make do. If San Jacinto will ever get out here with my glass, I can move to my office. Uh, that's right - no, they didn't come today either!

I saw my neighbor today who had said I could have the shed on the now almost empty lot. I told her that maybe she could sell it or barter it, or give it to Scott, that he could use it, the one who was taking the deck apart. I also told her it would make a really cute little greenhouse, and she agreed, that she hadn't thought of that. So, I pretty much declined on taking it. I really don't want to fool with it. There's plenty to think about as it is.

I do hope I can get a little time to think about Christmas and enjoy the season before it's gone!

2 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 08:30:00 AM , Blogger John said...

Call San Jacinto glass and tell them if it's not in today you want your money back.

 
At 12/21/2005 09:10:00 AM , Blogger Lumoto said...

I called. "We'll get you worked in today." I said, "I would hope so. I can count four times you told me 'today after 3:00.'" "Oh, I promise, we'll get you today!"

I haven't paid them yet, but they are by far cheapest in town that I could find on that 30x72 piece of glass. lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home