Friday, April 14, 2006

Woe is me-- Cable modem on the blitz!!

Woe is me!! Woe is me!! I checked my email this morning, lost my connection and my Roadrunner is dead, dead, dead!! I called them, and she put me on hold -- wait -- wait -- then she comes back and said "he" said I have a very weak signal coming into my modem. Nothing can be done till Monday!! ARRRGHH!!!! All weekend -- no Internet!! This is worse than withdrawal!

I have dial-up -- I pay AOL $9.95 a month purely for this reason, so I can have a dial-up as a backup. However, something is screwy with it, too, because I know dial-up is worse than molassas but I really think this is totally not right. I've managed to check messages a couple of times on MySpace and my camera group and was able to get a message out that I am out of commission; but I haven't been getting all my mail, though I'll try again. Some people are still living with dial-up; but this is NOT liveable. This plan gives me 10 hours of dial-up a month, and at this rate, I've probably used half of it today waiting, waiting, waiting.

Then they've got this message that keeps popping up on my screen saying my ISP does not support Modem On Hold. Should it answer incoming or not -- well, hell, I don't even have call waiting. And that message comes up ever 3 seconds. That works!!

MSN messenger doesn't want to work, and I've only been able to get Internet Explorer to load a page just a couple of times -- usually get Page Not Found. AOL and MSN don't get along at the best of it. I suppose that's at least part of the problem.

I did get my laptop out and it too had no signal. But I think I will check it afterwhile and see if the dial-up is as slow as this PC. Something tells me next week I'll be doing that hard drive recovery I've been putting off.

Well, since I'm writing this on Word Pad before I get online, it will probably take an hour to get Blogger up, logged in, and cut and paste and post even this much, I guess this is it for today. Some Good Friday -- I worked on a job and had almost a nervous breakdown over the frustrations of this Internet connection.

Happy Easter!

PS Just for fun, I am finishing this at 8:40 pm and will begin the process of trying to post this on my BlogSpot. So, let's see how long it takes.

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 09:23:00 PM , Blogger John said...

Funny... remember that WWW stood for World Wide Wait. We're spoiled with our cable modems and today we complain that's slow. Dial up. (Shudder)

 
At 4/14/2006 09:48:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

OMG -- as soon as you posted, all of a sudden, like magic, my modem came back full force!! You fixed it!!! How'd you do dat!!! :)))

 
At 4/14/2006 11:55:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Well, hell's bells -- it went off pretty much right after I bragged it was back and it's taken this long to get this page up to correct the misnomer that I have any kind of Internet access again. I give up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home