Monday, April 10, 2006

Camera back in the shop

This is the 2nd time I've had to send it off. But yesterday I found all the pertinent paperwork and e-mailed Mack Camera and got my authorization number. Among my many, many breaks today, one of them I took my poor little Konica Minolta Dimage Z2 to the Mail Room, paid $21 for the postage and packaging and insurance -- it's that awful!! $21!! And they won't even get it till next week! Plus I had to give Mack Camera $10 to process it.

I really hope they'll give me a new camera this time. If write me back saying they're going to fix it, I'm going to complain pretty loudly that they should give me a new one. After all, I think I only took about 115 pictures, if I counted right from when they fixed it the first time. Didn't last too long!

However, I don't think I'll want another Z2 - not now. Konica Minolta stopped making cameras at all. Sony took over some of their technology but won't be making cameras under the KM name. I have no idea how they'll do this -- probably offer me another Z2 -- which the Z6 was the last one they made - and will be the last, period!

Besides the camera and the pitiful effort at trying to do this little, but nevertheless, awful job, I got so many phone calls today - the 1-800 or unidentified, or caller blocked. They call me every night while I'm trying to hear the news and I usually just let it ring, but it's so distracting.

So, today I decided to answer them all and tell them to take me off the calling list. Well, one was Bank of America and one was MBNA Bank - and I told them both - take me off the list. I swear, I got three more calls from MBNA and two more from BofA! HOW RUDE! One of them told me it could take 30 days.

I gott this in the mail the other day -- maybe I should have tried it out...


Revenge on Telemarketers

The phone rang as I was sitting down to my evening meal, and as Ianswered it. I was greeted with "Is this Karl Brummer".

Not sounding anything like my name, I asked who is calling.

The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber Band Powered Freezer Company or Something like that.

Then I asked him if he knew Karl personally and why was he calling this number.

I then said off to the side, "get some pictures of the body at various angles and the blood smears",

I then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he hadentered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we hadalready traced this call and he would be receiving a summons totestify in this murder case.I questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phoneNumber at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew theDead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call.

The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice.

I then told him we had located his position and the police were entering the building to take him into custody, at that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. My meal was cold, but it was the best meal in a long, long time.,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home