Saturday, April 15, 2006

Live Nesting Eagle & Easter

First, my cable was out all day and last night, briefly came back on if you read the comment section in yesterday's post. But when I got up this morning, it was fine and has been running strong all day! Who knows!!!

Now, about the bald eagle, according to the site where I learned of this link, they say the new baby will arrive around the April 27th!! So, save the link and keep an eye on her. http://www.infotecbsi.com/wildlife/

I've been watching her some tonight, and she keeps hearing something and looking around, staying very alert to what's going on around her. Once she even hollered out. This is waaay cool!!!
Here's a couple of screen shots of her.

Also, I've been watching the Easter services being broadcast live from Rome. It's Pope Benedict's first Easter as Pope. He has a kind, gentle face. Since it is the most holy of our holidays, I wanted to get at least give some kind of proper reverence to the day other than just the Easter bunny. My, they do put on the pomp and circumstance! But I do like that.

They're confirming some people who will be taking their full communion and baptism. Last summer I had started RCIA classes and the hurricane interrupted them. After we returned from evacuation, I didn't go back; but I doubt that I would have completed to the point of converting because there were several things my Protestant faith conflicts with. But I would have been confirmed tomorrow, also, had I finished it to completion. I still might go back to visit. I loved mass and St. Anthony's! Watching this makes me think I'd like to visit again. (actually it's 1:20 a.m. while I'm watching this -- and writing my blog -- but I'm dating the time stamp to before midnight since this is actually Saturday's entry)

An Internet friend sent me this poem, said her son brought it home from his CCD classes. I emailed it to a few folks, but I wanted to post it here because it's such a simple little poem, but such an insightful way to look at the jelly beans. Hope you enjoy -- and hope you have a great Easter.


THE JELLY BEAN PRAYER

Red is for the BLOOD HE gave.

Green is for the grass HE made.

Yellow is for the sun so bright.

Orange is for the edge of night.

BLACK is for the SINS we made.

WHITE is for the GRACE HE gave.

Purple is for HIS hour of sorrow.

Pink is for our NEW tomorrow.

A bag full of Jelly Beans colorful and sweet,

Is a prayer, is a promise, is a SPECIAL treat.

May the Joy of Christ's resurrection

Fill your HEART and BLESS your LIFE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home