Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday

While most people were going to church, all dressed up in their new Easter clothes, having the Easter egg hunts with the little ones, and big family barbecues -- it was just me and Mom at her house. We ate gumbo and basically just took it easy.

I went through her photo albums and scanned some pictures. Our old pictures are all ruining with lines across them from the plastic of the album pages and they're fading or yellowing. I'd like to eventually get them all of the digitized, but that would be a monumental task between her collection and my own. However, from time to time, I'll do scanning, but haven't gotten them in any type of presentable formats yet.

We decided we wanted a banana split to satisfy a sweet tooth. Dairy Queen on Washington Boulevard has never reopened after Hurricane Rita and Sonic was closed for Easter. So, we just rode out to the Sonic on 11th Street, and it was open. So, we sat there in the van and ate our banana splits, then called it a day. Such was Easter.
Here's a couple of pictures I scanned....


Mar 28, 1948 -- 58 years ago!!!
My First Easter, practically speaking,
considering I was only 7 months on my real First Easter.
More than half a century ago! Yup -- that does make one feel old!

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 08:02:00 AM , Blogger Luz said...

Great photos! Priceless memories! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home