Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome 2006!

We're off to a good start so far. John and Sheridan came in for the traditional New Year's dinner. Again, poor Momma got rooked into doing the cooking. But it was excellent as always, and so nice to share the day with family. It was a lazy day, Sheridan played on the computer and we visited, enjoyed a few light TV shows, even snoozed a little bit, and simply relaxed.

Later we all came back to my house for them to see some of my projects. While bringing in the New Year I hemmed the curtains for my bedroom (the standard 84" is too long) and got them hung. The room is almost finished, lacking lamps and reviving the finish on the furniture. I need some type of dresser centerpiece and don't know what to do with that. I had a lot of family snapshots framed before, but I think I'll do something else. I won't post a picture yet until I have these finishing touches done.

It was getting close to dark, the fog was coming in and they decided to spend the night! Yeah!! We took Momma back home and rode out to Chili's, got take out, and came back here. They come to Beaumont so seldom. I always love it when they do. Thank goodness I had the bedroom presentable enough for company! We hung out this morning, got lunch, rode out to a couple of comic books stores, and they left for home a little while ago, school and work tomorrow. I hope I'll have some work in a day or two!

Of course now that we're back to the grind, I did get a note from James wanting to know what I wanted him to do to finish up, if anything. Now this annoys me because he knows full well what I need to have done to finish my exterior. He said he didn't know when he would start, but surely not the first week of January. I enumerated the list, told him I wanted all this in a "package" deal, and reminded him of my $30 credit and he had promised to make my steps. I also told him I didn't mind waiting a week or so to start, but once he starts, I don't want to drag it all out. It's probably only about two days' work, total. I'm waiting on his response. But if he keeps up this silliness, I'll say never mind and call a guy named Tommy who has a company and did some work for me a few years ago. I had forgotten about Tommy until after I had started with James. But I now have his phone number handy.

Has anybody seen the map of the fires in Texas? I was amazed at how widespread they are! Weatherwise, I guess we're off to a "roaring" start! I hope it's not an indication of another record-breaking year - which we might be considering how warm it is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home