Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Not much to report today...

I like to feel like I've achieved at least something every day. Today is a day that my achievement levels are quite low, but not necessarily non-existant. I did put down one row of flooring. That's something, isn't it?

I'm at the place now that I will have to put the baseboards down across the back half of the room, then shift the furniture in there so I can lay the flooring on the other half of the room. It would have been much easier if I could have completely emptied the room, but doing this by myself, that furniture is just too heavy, and I'm doing good to shove it side to side, even with the drawers out. So, I did go to Sutherland's and bought the baseboards.

While there, I got a different kind of molding for my cabinets in my office that I think I can get by with blocking the corners since I cannot do the 45 degree cuts to make nifty corners. I even looked in the tools section for an electric miter saw, but didn't see one and there were no salesmen around to ask. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to use it! I need lessons I guess.

While out, I went by and signed my lease. They finally had it ready. So, that's done for another year. I then picked up a few things at HEB, came back home and worked on a depo, took a nap, only to be awakened by a phone call -- thank God for caller I.D. 800 numbers don't get answered at this house! On a happier note, tomorrow the cable company should be out to move my Road Runner connection; that will be a tiny step forward, as well.

It was so warm today, up to about 72, but the wind was strong. I should get myself out there and put that siding up, but the mood hasn't bit me to do it yet. I can do it, I think. It isn't hard. I also need to put the skirting up, only a few feet to do, but it will have to be shortened.. Somewhere around the house I put some short ones where the longer ones go. The short ones work where they are, but the long won't without being cut. I may try to figure out where I've swapped the pieces. Then again, I may cut these and call it day. For now, it's a good excuse to procastinate that job.

I'm getting worried about Tommy. Tommy is feeling bad, and seems to have been under the weather two or three days now. He's laying around much more than usual, puts himself to bed and doesn't insist on going back outside. He is eating and drinking water, but just so lathargic. I hope he doesn't get as bad as he did one time a couple years or so ago where he didn't eat or anything. I thought he was dying. I took him to the vet and he got a good antibiotic shot that pulled him out of whatever it was. I don't know how old he is. I've had him about 12 years, and he was grown when I got him. So, it makes me nervous. He's so --- human, such a part of the family! If you think about it and choose to, maybe say a little prayer for Tommy. I'm sure he'd appreciate it, and I know I will, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home