Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mundane...

Guess every day can't be full of excitement. Today was one of those. So, here's the boring rundown -- well, before I say that, I want to say that the entertainment world lost a great one today now that Don Knotts died. He seems to be mostly remembered for Andy Griffith and Mayberry and Three's Company, but what I remember him the most from is the "Man on the Street" segments of the Steve Allen Show. Now this goes back to 1956; and I suppose were reruns for a while. But he was his usual skinny, bug-eyed self. And the unseen interviewer would be asking him questions that he would try to answer. And then the interviewer would say, "Are you nervous?" And he would shiver and shake his head and his eyes get bigger and quickly blurt out, "Nooope, noope! I'm not nervous! Nooooo" It's one of those things you try to duplicate in everyday situations. He was so funny! Where is the good, clean humor anymore? They're all dying off; and all that's left are either way too silly or way too vulgar. He was up there among the best!
I looked for a video clip on the web and couldn't find it; but I did find this in an article about Steve Allen:

It was as host of The Tonight Show that Allen pioneered the "man on the street" and audience-participation comedy bits that have become commonplace in late-night TV.
In 1956, while still hosting Tonight, Allen added a Sunday-evening variety show. The Allen programs helped nurture the careers of singers
Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme and Sammy Davis Jr.. Allen also provided a nationwide audience for his famous "men on the street" -- comics such as Ernie Kovacs, Pat Harrington, Jr., Don Knotts, Louis Nye, Bill Dana, Dayton Allen and Tom Poston.


Anyway, I got up, got to work on my job, which I didn't finish last night. I didn't even bother to get dressed first, which I almost always dress first thing. But I finished up about 1:30 or so. We had agreed we'd trade out when I was through. So, I dressed and took off to Mom's -- our meeting place -- and traded out. She had two decent size jobs for me. That's good. Then Mom and I rode to get -- are you ready for this -- fast food! Well, I haven't been grocery shopping yet for my "healthy" food. We went back to her house to eat it and had coffee.

On the way back home at College and I-10 there was a wreck. I couldn't see exactly, but people were crying and a guy was all doubled over and rocking like he had really hurt his stomach. I asked God to bless them all. It was a dreary day, drizzling rain, they were going to have to wait for officials. I felt sorry for them.

Anyway, I picked up my mail as I came in. We have those community boxes, and I tend to not get my mail unless I go out; and I don't go out every day. So, it can accumulate several days. And that it had. The box was full -- though it's a good 95% junk mail. More paperwork for me to put aside to procrastinate taking care of.

I've been working on one of the new jobs this evening and. of course, side-tracking a little with looking around on the web. But the job is going pretty good, not hard; so, it will be easy enough to finish tomorrow. I think I'll do one of the Photoshop videos now. I tried doing one of the lessons last night from memory, and I'll have to go back and refresh myself on a couple of steps that I couldn't remember. In case you don't know this, age seems to diminish your retention capabilities - at least it has mine!

So, knowing there wasn't anything productive or even interesting to post today, I looked around for something fun and came up with the Funny Cats Video. Now, if you know me, you probably remember having seen it, because when I became aware of it, I mailed out the link to everybody. It's soooo funny! But I enjoyed watching it again. So, I'll leave you with it!
Here's a couple of screen shots...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home