Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Venting about our Ports


Bush is such an idiot! I'm afraid he's here to stay. He'll change the law so he can be president again. He's getting so cocky now, he's even telling his own base,"My way or the highway, chump." They're saying he didn't even know about all this till recently. I'm so sick of hearing, "He didn't know," well, isn't he supposed be the president? They said it's all done through security first, then he's advised. Well, then they claim this is the brain child of Karen Hughes. She's running things so much that she doesn't have to consult Bush on what she thinks is a "good idea"?? Wouldn't a prudent president be well advised to have a clue what might be going on in this country? He didn't know about Katrina, he didn't know about Cheney shooting anybody, didn't know about the policy meetings Cheney had with the big oil boys, he didn't know about Plame (what's happened to that story?), he didn't know Ken Lay was a crook -- I remember a while back they had some scare at the White House and they had to evacuate it for a few minutes. Bush out riding his bicycle, and they didn't bother to tell him that either till later. (wish I knew how to query the web to find that report so I could link to it.) When is this country going to wake up and smell the coffee that there is some power that's pulling his strings and he's told what to say and when and where to say it. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't know what's going on!

Granted, I've been somewhat distracted throughout this story, so there is one thing I don't understand other than the obvious. Why do we have to have any outside country or company running our ports, period? What's wrong with us running our own ports? Has our educational system deteriorated to the point we don't have anybody intelligent enough to do this? Even the illegal immigrants aren't getting a shot at this job! They're saying it would be foolish financially for us to run our own ports! Who teaches economics nowadays!

If you don't watch Lou Dobbs, you might want to give him a try. He's plenty outspoken, and has been screaming about the outsourcing for quite some time. He's really on a roll now. For a Republican, he's got some -- dare I say it -- common sense! He reported on his show tonight that there are some U.A.E. officials who are saying that CNN should shut him up. Gads, that might happen. I've noticed Olbermann doesn't keep his blog current anymore. ummm....

Oh, let me tell you a story about our port. We have a port in this town, gets some military traffic. It's right downtown. One day, looking for something to take pictures of, wanting to check out my then new Dimage Z2 with a 10x zoom, I parked in a parking lot downtown and aimed at the top of the courthouse in one direction and the flags on the top of the ship that was docked right there in another direction. Mom was with me. So get the picture in your mind now -- two gray-haired ol' ladies in a Plymouth Voyager van. She's sitting in the car, and I'm using the hood of the car to stabilize the camera. A guard comes out, asks what I'm doing, and I tell him. He tells me I need to leave, go find cows in a pasture to test my zoom, I have no business taking pictures of the courthouse and being that close to the port is not in my best interest. BUT we can allow a foreign country -- not even just a business -- a country! -- to run our ports. Wake me up! This has to be a freakin' nightmare!

Well, enough of that. Finished my job today, didn't hear from TC about what she took today. Hope it didn't cancel. So, now I'm going to find something to eat and maybe go through one of these Photoshop videos. Guess I'll start with #1 and go in sequence. I can't seem to get out there to take pictures, so maybe I can learn to alter the pictures I already have till they look like I had gone somewhere else! lol Oh, to have money and time to travel and see interesting things! But no port towns, thank you very much!

3 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 11:08:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

Outsourcing again! So much for creating more jobs for Americans! This, from a man who claims to be passionate, conservative! I sure didnt' fall for that crap but unfortunately the rest of America did. I'll have to tune into Lou Dobbs and get his take on this whole mess HIS Royal BUSHNESS has gotten us into.

 
At 2/22/2006 07:55:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to add a little fuel to your fire check out the Deocratic Underground.

 
At 2/22/2006 10:08:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Don't you just love D.U.! They don't have any problems expressing their views, calling it like it is! What specifically are you referring to, Mary?


Luz, there were precious few of us in the early days who could see thru the Bush-its.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home