Monday, January 23, 2006

They came!

They were a little later than they had estimated, but not by much. He even called me and said he was running late and had one more stop to make.

This is Doug (right) and Dustin. There was one more young man with them today. They never introduced him, but he was a hard worker, too!

This is Doug (right) and Dustin. There was one more young man with them today. They never introduced him, but he was a hard worker, too!

This was covered with siding. I knew it was bad behind it and had even seen a termite swarm one time. About five or six years ago I hired somebody to fix this and paint my porch. I got ripped off! Not this time!

You can see evidence of old steps and new steps! YES! My steps were awful, unequal, too high, hard to climb. Well, granted, my legs have gotten worse over the years, but still, other people complained they were difficult to use, too.

They're done for today. Check out those new steps! They're wonderful!! I love 'em! They're level, too. The front of the porch had also sunk. That's why the two posts were swinging, because the porch had dropped and the posts broke free from the brackets. He jacked it up and blocked it. The railing hadn't been straight before. It is now! See the little piece of wall, the end of the half wall, they put siding there to trim it out, used the siding that came off the inside of the wall where the termites had a field day. It couldn't be reused because it had been cut in the shape of the three steps and no longer fit. So, they improvised with it! Tomorrow they will paint it and finish all the other work around the rest of the house. He said he expects to be here before 8:00 and be finished by about noon tomorrow.

And get this! He told me that when he checked out getting his materials, the corregated panels turned out to be less than he had calculated because he gets a discount, so he bought me three more sheets with the difference! Now how cool is that!!

While they worked, I finished up the flooring in my middle room. This was John's bedroom when he was home, and of course, he took his bedroom suite, which even he has long since done away with and bought his own. I never did buy another traditional type suite for this room, just sort of put it together with odd pieces. But I have my sewing machine set up now, and it will be easy enough to use if I ever feel so inclined.


According to some report I heard on CNN, today, January 23rd, is supposed to be the worst day of the year. Well, not for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home