Wednesday, January 25, 2006

All Done...

-- guess maybe just a touch up here and there, but they're paid up, packed up and gone. They did the final things that were left to be done, and the only things I see that needs a little attention is a small 1x2 about 8 inches long where they forgot a part of the eave and will need some paint and maybe a touch-up of a spot here and there on the porch. They're not a big deal. Even Doug said he wasn't real happy with the hot water heater door, but it's better than it was, at least functional-wise.
I supposed I should be all excited and hyper that it's all done now, but it feels sort of anti-climatic. It's been so hard and frustrating, that all I can say now is, "Thank God that's done." The house certainly isn't perfect, but it certainly wasn't perfect before September 24 either. There's things that are better, things that are not as good, but I survived.

Now it's crunch time to get to work. The lack of work coming in has been sort of been an advantage in that it allowed me time to get all this tended to. Gosh, how are people dealing with all this who are stuck in offices or wherever their jobs are during all daylight hours! My sympathies to them.

For the next few days I'll be concentrating on this job and giving myself some time to recuperate from all this before I start my kitchen project. Till then I suppose I'll just blog about whatever is on my mind that I want to share since my life will be quickly resorting back to its uneventful and dull existence, which sounds almost comforting at the moment.

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 08:55:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

Isn't it funny that you work and strive hard for something...a goal, a dream, the finish line and get to thinking that it'll never end and when it finally does, you find yourself saying, "now what"? Life does go on and there will be other bridges to cross.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home