Monday, November 14, 2005

Office very nearly done.


I'm having to put two posts on Monday because by the time I finished up my projects last night, I was too tired. So, Sunday's entry is below this one.

Larry did come this morning as promised and as I suspected, we agreed to replace the remaining jacks with blocks. We'd done 18, and have 13 left. We agreed on a price, and he said he would come back by noon. In the meantime, I went to Sutherland's to get some trim for my tables and desk.

My first task to do was to put the keyboard tray under my desktop. Never having done that before, I had to take my time. Because the top is actually a hollow core door, I had to put two pieces of wood strips for the metal runners to attach to, other wise they screws wouldn't hold. This whole project took me some time since it was so unfamiliar to me. For my board to actually set the keyboard on, I had a piece of shelving that I had taken apart sometime back that was about 14 inches wide and plenty long. So, I cut it and used it. I was pleased with how it came out.

Then I went to attempt the trim, and I almost messed up the desk. I put a piece on the back side, and when I went to put the side piece, I royally messed up the 45-degree corner. I really do not know how to do those! And I won't have it done like a little kid did it. So, I squared it off on the ends of the back side only and quit. Don't know what I'll use on the tables - probably something flat that I can just butt the corners and not have to try to 45 them. Maybe one day I'll learn the secret to that.

I think when I do have that back wall taken out because of the mildew (back wall that adjoins the back room), I'm thinking I'll replace it with sheetrock and paint it like a foam green, sort of blue-green. When you walk in the room the left side seems much heavier than the right side, since all the white is on the right and all the stained stuff on the left. I think color on that back wall on the right will balance it out.
I guess next is the closet, to get it cloroxed and painted and sealed.
In the meantime, here's my room -- all but the trim on the tables and of course, setting up the computers and moving my highback, armed computer chair back there.




2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 02:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks great, Mom!
Yusuf

 
At 11/16/2005 09:23:00 PM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Hey, Sweetheart! So, glad you like my room. Wish y'all could see it in person! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home