Friday, December 12, 2008

OMG it Snowed in SE Texas!

Well, it's been quite some time since I've added a blog. Almost a year. My man won the election, will be taking office very, very soon! But that's not what today is about.

Actually, it snowed yesterday (Thurs, Dec 11th), which was my granddaughter's birthday -- she turned the magical age of 13.

I had gone outside about midnight to take out the garbage and it was sleeting/raining. Not wanting to drag it out to the street in the rain, I decided there wasn't that much; it could wait till next garbage day. I went back in, watched some TV, went to bed -- snuggled up and finally dozed off. Didn't even think about snow! My mom called at 8:00, apologizing for waking me up, but "Look outside!" Wow! How beautiful!!! I found out it the snowfall had been around 1:30. Damn I hate myself sometimes. I should have looked up and out! I'm so UN-observant! And it never fails that I live to regret it!! But nevertheless, it was such a treat to see white! Last time it snowed I think was 4 (?) years ago on Christmas Eve and before that was something like 1987??? It don't snow much around here! So, it should be declared a holiday. It was pretty much melted away by mid afternoon, but what it was very, very nice.

I got the camera out, of course. Been so long that I tried to take pictures with anything put the Program mode, I forgot how to change settings! But I got quite a few around the yard. Nothing very photogenic where I live, but, hey, it's home.

Here's a couple. Click here for a few more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home