Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rare Bottlenose Dolphin sighted from Cameron Ferry

A couple of days ago there was an article about a rare pink dolphin seen from the Cameron, Louisiana, ferry. Cameron is only about 65 miles east/southeast from here. One day ( 4/24/04 to be exact!) Mom and I rode over that ferry when we were out taking pictures. We had followed the coast line up and stumbled into it - didn't even know it was there. The whole area was very desolate and the weather was rainy and cold and nasty, but we were out anyway. Rather than turning back, we opted to cross over the ferry and drive even more long desolate road up to Lake Charles, hit I-10 and then head west to get back home. There was precious little to take pictures of, and what I did get was pretty boring.
Here's one of my famous through-the-windshield shots for illustration lest I have nothing of my own in this post! :


Anyway, when I looked on the Enterprise website for the article and found it, I saw there was a link to this slideshow of the wildlife from the ferry. This really makes me want to go back!! I didn't even know there were dolphins in this part of the country -- much less such a rare one!! (these pictures according to the site, were taken on July 7th, so they're brand new! Mark Hancock, photographer)

Here's the article, too, if you're interested:
Albino dolphin spied around Calcasieu Lake

Even though these aren't mine, it's at least in my general neighborhood and I thought it worthy of sharing!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/10/2007 08:42:00 PM , Blogger Luz said...

How cute! I hadn't heard about these two! They are such fun animals to see.

 
At 7/11/2007 01:24:00 AM , Blogger Lumoto said...

Hi, Luz! Glad you enjoyed the dolphins! Hope I can get back to blogging a little bit more frequently! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home